Who's behind the news?
- Director -Starts and maintains the broadcast software, edits the script as needed and controls the speed of the teleprompter. Has an eye for details. Must exhibit strong leadership skills.
- Executive Director - Assigns the jobs each week, oversees that scripts are written, Words of Wisdom ready for the day, Lunch Menu printed and ready to read.
- Producer-Writes daily anchor script. Designs background changes on the computer for the script. Helps upload videos and slide shows to the broadcast. This position may require time after school too. Must be confident learning new technology.
- Technical Engineer-Controls microphones and sound volume. Turns on the play out cart to begin/end broadcast. Controls the ‘green screen’ area and adjusts camera as needed. Manages all guests and feature reporters. Must be friendly and willing to accept challenges.
- Anchors-The “faces” of TVE News. Reads the main script for the morning announcements. Must be a fluent, expressive reader! MUST AUDITION
- Feature Reporters-Responsible to research and independently write weekly news reports that will be presented on a designated day of the week. i.e.: Spotlighting events or students around campus. Must be organized and self-motivated with good people skills.
- Photographers- Capture events and images around the school to use during moment of silence, background changes and to be used and presented in Photo Stories.
- Wow Reporters - Make our Public Service Announcements and other videos for the school.